Collegiate Peaks Bank has several effective security techniques that we encourage you to implement when you use the Internet banking service:
- Never reveal your password to anyone or leave your password anywhere that someone else can obtain and use it.
- Change your password on a regular basis.
- Use the “Log Off” button to end each Internet banking session. Do not use the Back button to exit the site.
- Balance your account on a regular basis. Internet Banking makes it easy!
The following information provides techniques that you may use to create a Stronger Password that may help you protect your identity and your personal information on the internet.
- Always make your password at least 6 characters long. Longer passwords are generally more secure than shorter ones.
- Use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols ($&#*@). We require you to use at least one alpha character one numeric character, and one symbol.
- Use a phrase to make it easy for you to remember. (Example: Every day is another opportunity for sunshine = Ediaofs)
- Vary where you capitalize a letter within the phrase. (ediaoFs)
- Pick a number to use in combination with the phrase (Example: to remind yourself to change your password every month on the 21st, use 21 as a part of your password.)
- Substitute symbols for letters or numbers. (Example: $ for s or * for 8.)
- Using the above tips, you might construct a password that looks like this: EdiaoF$21
- Don't use common dictionary words.
- Don't use family names or pet names.
- Don't use your birth date, phone number or social security number.
Back to Security Information Page